Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day One + One

Yesterday, I almost cried.  Then I slept.... 

Today is BETTER.  Driver for a tour group at the hotel gave me some very helpful tips - He said I could (cheaply) pick up a mini usb for my phone, but even better suggested I could use the USB connector I did bring (thinking the one end was a receptacle plug) to my laptop to charge my phone.  Worked like a charm - thank you Paul.  I was afraid if my phone "died" I would lose my Irish phone numbers and be unable to contact anyone here.  Whew!  But, I'm afraid to actually make calls with my phone - maybe that will change with a bit more experience here.  I've tried to get a sim card to use, but that looks like a dead end so far. 

Yesterday I did the city tour bus (hop on hop off) to keep me awake.  I was too tired to actually get off to see any sights - but I must have done the tour last time I was in Ireland in 1999 because things were very familiar.  Today that bus tour paid off because I was able to use that same bus (it was a two day ticket) to get close to the National Archives.  And again to get close to the GRO office location.  I found out McDonald's (my present location) has free wifi - YEA!!!!!  So, stopped for lunch and off I go to the GRO. 

BTW - great weather yesterday; today is cloudy and some showers - but I'm told "It's Irish rain...." 

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness for a good night's sleep! Hope your accommodations are suiting you well. Great to have helpful people along the road too! Good luck tomorrow and I hope the Irish rain won't curb your success or joy!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete