Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My days of driving on the left side of the road are over, hallalujah.  Made it to Hertz on fumes - option to bring it back empty.  Took the Hertz shuttle to the airport and the hotel shuttle here.  Had checked in first.  Again saved by the gps data card for Ireland.  The roads around the airport are very confusing and loaded with roundabouts, especially since I didn't know where to go until I plugged in the names.  Bewley's Hotel is top shelf, including free wifi.  I have to commend myguideIreland for a great job.  The hotel in Dublin, rental car, b&b's and this hotel, plus my flights were all booked by them.  I used them based on Susan McDermott's recommendation and am glad I did. 

The ride from Arvagh was about two hours, which took me through the Boyne Valley again.  Scenery is spectacular as it has been for the entire trip.  I took a couple of photos, but don't have my camera right here so I can't upload them.  Monday and Tuesday were drizzly, rainy days with no sunshine.  Today was sunshine, sunshine, sunshine.  

By the way, if you're waiting for news of the Queen, you are out of luck.  Although I was at most of the places she is visiting, alas not while she is in Dublin.  The news is full of her visit - as well as Arnold Schwarzeneger's (sp?) split with Maria Schriver.  How stupid of him.

So, see ya when I see ya.  

No comments:

Post a Comment